Monday, October 27, 2008

Parking lot observations....

Just a little rambling from me today. That's what happens when Dan is out of town and I don't get much sleep.

Why do people who have the big monster SUVs always park closest to my car? I know I have a tiny little Toyota Matrix, and I know practically everyone else in the world of SAHMs have SUVs or Minivans. But really! Do you have to leave 6 inches between my car and yours? I have kids in carseats too. ARGH!

And let me tell you something about God's sense of humor. He has decided I don't have enough patience (I don't, I agree), but making the Dance studio parking lot my training ground is just not very nice!

Want a lesson in controlling road rage? Take my kids to Claudia's dance class at 3:30 PM on Wednesday afternoon.

The parking lot is cramped with slots that are too small for above mentioned SUV and minivan moms, everyone and their dog is getting out of school at that time, adults come zipping into the parking lot as we are trying to leave going WAY too fast for any parking lot much less for one where little kids of all ages are getting out of class at 4:30. Oh yes! See that corner area with the garbage dumpster? That is NOT a parking spot, thought I'd tell you just in case you couldn't read the sign on the dumpster. And the next time? Try not to come within touching reach of that 4 year old standing next to her car waiting for her mom to help her get into her seat. That would be much appreciated for us moms who all let out an audible gasp at how close and how fast you were going to park in your illegal parking spot in front of the dumpster. Then please try not to give us all dirty looks as we all stare open mouthed when you don't even bother to apologize to the child or mother. That would be great thanks!

And yes, the parking lot is full at 4:30. Four classes of dance are getting out all at the same time, and four classes of dance are starting at that same time. Imagine that. So please don't pull into the parking lot and sit there RIGHT behind my car that you saw me get into just moments before, waiting for someone else to back out of their slot when they are still trying to buckle their 4 kids into seats in their minivan. I can't help the fact that you need that larger slot for your mammoth SUV, I'd like to leave.

That doesn't even count the drive home during the early stages of rush hour. Or the behavior of said mothers inside the studio. (Gasp! You mean that girl wants to actually get to the changing room and you've created a wall of chairs in her way?)

Any takers? I'd gladly do just about anything for that 1.5 hours in your place!

No comments: