So after I finished the previous post, I went to do some dishes. Duncan came inside with a bunch of leaves (held very nicely by their stems with the leaf portions all above his hands) and said, "Look Mommy! These for you. Leaves see? Look just like....um....flowers! Yeah flowers!" I replied, "Beautiful leaves Duncan. And you're right they look just like a bouquet of flowers!" So of course if Mommy loves them she must have more of them right? Duncan says, "Wait Mommy! I get more. Zip!" as he goes running out of the kitchen.

You have to understand, Duncan has never shown any interest in picking flowers and giving them to me. Even when Claudia tries to encourage him. The result is always his picking the flower then carefully removing each and every petal as if he were unwrapping a delicate gift. So I guess this is close enough.
And yes, the kids were playing outside. If you live somewhere that is cold, I'm sorry. Today the high is upper 60s and that is the coldest day in the forecast for the entire week. The rest are in the low to mid 70s.
No comments:
Post a Comment