So Claudia and I have talked about how the tooth fairy is like Santa Claus, and how they don't really exist but some people like to pretend they do. We have these sorts of conversations often, just to emphasize to Claudia how important it is to NOT tell other kids they don't exist. I don't want parents mad at us!
So we talked about that yesterday in relation to her tooth. And I commented that maybe we should put her tooth under her pillow and see what happens. This morning:
Me: Good Morning Claudia! Hey, why don't you check your tooth under the pillow?
Claudia: (searching under her pillow holds up the little tin we put it in) Here it is Mommy. I know the tooth fairy isn't real.
Me: Why don't you open it?
Claudia: (opens the tin and finds two $1 bills, looks completely SHOCKED) Mommy, maybe the tooth fairy is real!
Me: What do you think?
Claudia: I think someone else put this money in the tin. Next time I'm going to stay awake the whole night and see!
(Uh oh, not good that!)
Claudia: Mommy, maybe the next time the tooth fairy will bring me even more money.
Me: You want more than $2 for your next tooth!
Claudia: Yeah Mommy. The more teeth I lose the more it might hurt.
I couldn't help but laugh.
Love,
Cindy
No comments:
Post a Comment