Sunday, January 4, 2009

Some very belated Christmas photos

Sorry everyone! I know I've really slacked off, but I'll blame it on Dan. He has had more than 2 weeks off from work now and I just haven't gotten back into the routine again. This week is really going to be hard!

We open presents on the afternoon of Christmas Eve. This way the kids can play with their new toys while I work on the big Christmas Eve dinner. Then after dinner we attend the candlelight service at our Church. This leaves Christmas day to be a laid back, eat leftovers and lots of fingerfoods, snack throughout the day while the kids get to really investigate all the new toys. *Santa* or St. Nick also fills the kids stockings Christmas morning, so they have those to open as well.


Remember the General Grievous Blaster that Duncan got for his birthday? Yup, Grammy & PaPa Stoner got Claudia one of her own for Christmas! (Yeah! No more arguing over Duncan's!)


Grammy & PaPa Stoner also got Duncan this Lightning McQueen. He dances, he tiptoes, he races around. Definitely a favorite this Christmas!


Grandma & Grandpa Sinars gave Claudia this really cute teddy (now named furry teddy), then Claudia had to give her old Teddy a hug, because let's face it, at almost 5 years old, she is not going to give this teddy up readily. :)



This is Duncan opening his new trike. He didn't even get all the wrapping paper off before he was laying on the box and pushing the buttons that make sounds.


Great-Grandma Pawlas, aka Omi, gave Duncan these wonderful books with wooden trains and a wooden fire engine. He LOVES them. Another example of how a classic toy without all the bells and whistles can be perfect.


Claudia got a lot of Tinkerbell and art-related stuff. Her cousins, the Needhams in Germany, even gave her a kid's pottery wheel! Oh my. Remember my dislike of playdoh? Yeah. I'm sure Claudia is going to have a great time with it.




Now some pics with the family from the week:






I'm sure I'll have more to share in the next few days. I took A LOT of photos....(more than 200 over 5 days!)
Love,
Cindy

No comments: