I don't intend to make this a political blog. This is for our close friends and family that live varying distances from us, so that they may still feel like they are a part of our daily life.
However, there is something bothering me. I know that politics inspires competition and strong emotions. I know that many many political jokes circulate via email that are in at least questionable, if not poor, taste. And as someone who voted for George Bush (twice no less) I did laugh at some of those directed toward him.
But there are some jokes circulating right now, that are not of questionable taste. They are not only rude and insulting, but unchristian as well.
I ask that when you receive these jokes, and you may well laugh at them, before you send them on to your entire email lists think of one thing: Would Jesus forward this on?
Thanks.
Edited to add: The quote of the day? "Dinobots destroy all robots!" Geeezzz....that's what I hear Claudia playing in her room during quiet time.
No comments:
Post a Comment