
Today Claudia turns 5. I can't believe we've made it this far. (I'm sure every parent says that though!) Here's my favorite picture from the day she was born. She was sleeping so nicely and look at all of that hair! I remember that it snowed late in the afternoon on the day she was born. Odd that I remember that since I had to be at the hospital by 5:45AM to prep for her 7:45AM c-section. (She was frank breech, so we did a scheduled c-section.) I remember spending a LONG time in the recovery because a)I could not wiggle my toes 3 hours after the surgery was finished and b)Claudia was so *large* (8lbs 5oz, so very average in my opinion) that they needed 2 successive sugar readings of normal; the only problem was their machine kept messing up. I remember them sticking her heel quite a lot until finally they called the staff pediatrician to clear her. Poor thing. For weeks afterwards she would pull her feet up if you even came close to her heel.


And here she is 5 years later. These were taken yesterday as she was trying out her roller blades (with training wheels) for the first time!
About Claudia:
(official stats have to wait until the dr appt later in the month)
height: approx. 45 inches
weight: about 42 lbs
favorite colors: pink and purple
favorite food: hmmm almost anything, though she really likes corndogs and macaroni and cheese
Teddy is still a favorite stuffed animal for bedtime. He often finds himself carried about the house only to be laid aside while she is playing with other toys.
She loves to color and paint.
And she is convinced that she can ride her bicycle without training wheels if only I would let her.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Claudia!
Post a Comment