This is a scenic overlook by Hanauma Bay, where we made our decision to move on. (They have a large parking lot for this one because it's great for snorkelers but it was already full.) Claudia was having a hard time looking happy, she just wanted the beach!

We ended up at Makapu'u, which it turns out is good for surfers. Not so good for young children. The waves were a bit choppy on the beach, but farther out it wasn't nearly so bad. Each of the kids took turns going out with Dan, since I had no desire to get wiped out trying to get out there! Yes that arrow is pointing to Dan and Claudia out in the water. I told him to keep a hand on her because I was afraid she would get pulled away. I don't think he did though, no surprise there.

And this is what Duncan did when he wasn't out in the water. Those are Kaitlyn's hands on the left. I think she was unsure as to whether Duncan really wanted her to play with him or not.

After swimming he went further north and interior to the island a bit to see this temple, Byodo-In.







Love,
1 comment:
Cute kid photos, as always. I also loved the shots of the buddhist temple, how beautiful.
Post a Comment