Occasionally, when homeschooling, you just have to go with the flow. For whatever reason the kids are obsessed with dressing as superheroes. So rather than argue with them this morning, we are having a superhero day at our school.
Here they are decorating their Sun title pages for their Astronomy notebooks. Glitter glue and all:
And here we are doing an experiment to show that the water in the beaker with black paper absorbs more heat than the clear beaker. Okay, in winter it's a little more difficult to do, the water was COLD. But the water in the black beaker was indeed warmer to the touch than the clear beaker. Thank goodness, I hate it when science experiments don't work (meaning I didn't try it before the day of class!). And thankfully we caught what little sunlight there was this morning, before the clouds and winter weather could move in.
I told the kids that burning a leaf with a magnifying glass would have to wait until later in the spring or the summer. Duncan was a bit bummed about that. Should I be worried?.....
Hope everyone is doing well. I will attempt another round at blogging this year. Maybe this is the year I will finally be able to do it consistently.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment