Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 11--Final day in Hawaii

So on Jan. 1st, 2010 we enjoyed our last day in Hawaii. We visited with Dan's aunt and uncle, Roberta and Charlie, who have a condominium on the island. It's a beautiful condominium right on the west shore of Oahu. The waves were much too strong for any swimming this time of year, but there were a few turtles out in the water. And Roberta and Charlie were nice enough to grill lunch for us. Made for a nice day.
This is a gigantic snail we saw outside their condo. It was HUGE. I'm not sure you can tell that from the picture though.


After our visit, we went to the mall and saw a movie (Chipmunks the Squeakel). We then said our goodbyes and went to the airport. Claudia was devastated that we were leaving. For days afterwards she talked about how we have to move to Hawaii so she can be close to her cousin Kaitlin. Duncan talked about needing to go to a beach. (Sorry dude, no beaches of the type you're thinking in NM!)

I thought I'd post a pic of my favorite purchase from Hawaii. This is my souvenir from the island, and I love it. It hangs on the main floor landing of our stairwell. I thought I had a picture of Duncan's wiki mask too, but I don't seem to. I'll have to do that and post it with the story of Scooby-Doo and the wiki-tiki.

Love,

No comments: