When the kids are driving me crazy. We're finishing up the 2nd week of summer vacation and Claudia is driving Duncan nuts, Duncan is driving Claudia nuts, and they are both going to make me insane.
Such is life during Summer vacation.
Interestingly, Claudia would go to school year round if that option was available. Telling her that she had 2.5 months without school was like I was torturing her. Duncan on the other hand? Even though he only went one day a week for 2 hours, he was ready to stop. A sign of things to come?? We'll see.
Today is going to be little bits of the kids play.
Claudia was playing with a few little stuffed animals I have in our upstairs bedroom (most of them are pooh-related or penguin-related of course). I stepped out of the bathroom to see an angel Piglet and an angel Eeyore walking along. Then from behind Claudia jumps out a grizzly bear Pooh saying "Grrr....Grrrr". Piglet jumped screaming, "Ah!" and ran to hide behind Claudia. Then pooh pulls down the hood of the grizzly costume and says, "It's just me Piglet."
Piglet says, "No I'm Piglet."
Pooh says, "I meant it's me pooh bear (comma) Piglet."
Piglet says, "Oh good Pooh! You scared me."
In other Claudia news, she is making progress on the reading front. I'm still convinced a lot of it is sight reading, but hey at least she is remembering the word from instance to instance. She is also sounding out smaller words. She has a game (a birthday present from a friend) that focuses on spelling 3 letter words. Several times in the last week she has brought me 3 letter words and told me what she spelled (things like "tap" and "his" etc). So yesterday she did it while I was washing dishes. So I told her to get some other letters and replace one of the letter to see what other similar words she could spell. It was quite entertaining. :)
Duncan tends to focus on one toy or another. Each day might be different, but for that day ALL day that will be the toy that he carries around the house from room to room with him. It might even last a few days before he switches to a different toy. Today he found a little chameleon stuffed animal in our bedroom. It is his "favorite, nice pet" and he has been carrying him around everywhere this morning. From room to room, going on dangerous adventures with Duncan or ice skating in the kitchen.
He also does this really cute thing of "transforming". He'll pretend he is a cat (never a dog for some reason), then he'll say he can transform into a boy. He makes this big show of making noises as he "forms" each foot then each hand then he sort of jumps into this cute stance. I've tried to get it on video, but so far no luck. When he knows I'm taping he doesn't do it the same way. I'll have to sneak it in some how.
No pictures today, but I'll try to get some ready to post tomorrow!
Love,
Cindy
No comments:
Post a Comment