Monday, February 9, 2009

Zoo







The flamingos are one of Duncan's favorite visits and it is right as you enter the park. So the first photo we ALWAYS take is this one.




Some of the peacocks that roam all over the zoo. The kids are always excited when they allow us to get so close to them.










Another typical picture. This is a large tiled tribal throne in the Africa area. The kids love to sit in it and look at all the various little tiles.





Seeing the hippos is a pretty rare occurrence, especially in winter. On this day however all 3 were out. The mom, dad, and baby hippos were all out in the water and seemed to be having a good time. I liked the look I got from this hippo. Reminded me why I'm glad the hippo is on the other side of the exhibit. :)





This is also a pretty common picture, although more in winter than summer. The statue gets REALLY hot in the summer time. But during the winter it's just mildly warm and the kids like to sit on it for the picture.






Another rare photo for us. They hyenas aren't usually out where you can get a picture of them.















Dan and kids climbing in a theater area.









The rhinos. Usually they are in the back corners as far away as possible and hidden. This day? Right up by the observation areas, even running around a bit.






Another must have every time picture. Claudia with the elephants. For some reason the elephants have been her favorite animal from a VERY young age. Who knows why when she was younger, but now that she is older I think I know why. The next stop after the elephants??? The playground. :)




And the kimodo dragon statue that we visit when leaving the playground. Once again, too hot in the summer, but a great place to sit for a picture in the winter!



I'll do some more photos later. I have quite a few more to share. It was one of those days at the zoo, where all of the must see animals were out and active. So it was nice to get the photos of that (even got the photos of the polar bear trying to throw his floating toy at the people!).

Cindy

No comments: