I'll be picking mine up any day now. Let me tell you...
Today was not a good day.
I got about 2 hours of sleep last night.
Which means I was a cranky, cranky, mean mom today.
Claudia took a nap this afternoon and I had to wake her up before dinner.
Which means Claudia was a cranky whiny child throughout dinner.
I forgot to get the snack for Duncan's class for tomorrow morning (so I did it tonight).
I took the kids outside to play after quiet time before dinner.
Duncan took his NEW lego airplane outside. Put it on my bumper and said, "Mommy don't forget."
Claudia took her teddy out and left him in the garage so he would be safe.
Tonight is the night we have Bible study at our house.
I had already decided to skip it and try to rest.
One member had a planned absence this week.
A second member called to cancel.
So I decided to try to make it through Bible study (so there would be 4 of us).
I'm not sure I was at all intelligible.
I had to take the car out to pick up the babysitter. Came back and sat through Bible study.
After Bible study took the babysitter back home and went to the grocery store to pick up previously forgotten snacks. Missed putting kids down to bed as a result.
Came back home to realize there were brightly colored objects in driveway.
Realize upon closer inspection this is Duncan's previously mentioned NEW lego airplane.
Pick up all pieces and race them into Dan telling him to let me know if any are missing.
One VITAL piece is missing. Dan & I take flashlight out to driveway in search of missing piece.
Dan tells me Claudia couldn't find her teddy before bed.
Race out to garage, rescue teddy and restore him to his rightful place in Claudia's bed.
Hide all the new legos in the hope that Duncan won't think of it in the morning.
Plan to go to all toy stores in the morning in search of said lego set to replace the one vital piece now missing from Duncan's set.
Finally get into the bath at 9PM and start writing this post.
Only to realize that I'm getting cold. Accidentally hit the drain with my foot and didn't realize it.
Um.....I hate to ask but could this day really get much worse?
I'm going to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment