So here are some pics from Thanksgiving and Friday.
Playing with Dan while I slave a way in the kitchen!!
The "feast"
Becoming a family tradition to watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" after the Thanksgiving feast.
And the day after Thanksgiving tradition of putting up the artificial tree. (To Dan's chagrin I am allergic to the regular Christmas trees.)
After all that, Dan got sick, I got sick. And as I write this Sunday night, Dan is pretty much all better. The kids are showing no sign of being sick thank goodness. I however had a killer sore throat yesterday (went to urgent care, not strep darn it!) and last night and today I've been alternating between chills and 103 fever. Sigh. This is not the week to get sick, Duncan has his 3 year appointment tomorrow morning, I'm trying to talk Dan into staying home and taking Claudia to school and Duncan to his appointment. Then on Friday we are having our family photos taken. Please pray that I get better soon and that the kids don't catch it so we can do the family photos!
In other news, Dan decided to try potty training Duncan again. He tried over a 3 day weekend earlier this summer, but Duncan just did not get it. And I've tried sporadically but it's difficult to potty train when you're running errands and taking Claudia to school and dance class etc etc. Duncan seems to be getting it this time around. But he doesn't volunteer that he has to go. He starts to go and then just holds it. So we have to keep our eye on him and look for the signs. I don't know if it boy vs girl or just their personalities, but Claudia was so much easier to potty train.
2 comments:
Great pix - great stories! I love that the kids are into Marilyn Manson...just kidding! That really is funny, though, but I don't have to hear the funky monkey Halloween song over and over, either. ;)
oh - do hope you're feeling much, much better soon!!! looking forward to the family pix - hopefully with all healthy!
Post a Comment