Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Tap Performance

Well besides yesterday being an exciting FULL day of snow  (Bleh!), it was also Claudia's Holiday Tap Performance.


Her first dance is something to do with wanting a Teddy bear for Christmas.  So before I show you the videos, I must explain Teddy.  Teddy is a white teddy bear.  Well, he started out white.  He was a table decoration at a baby shower before Claudia was born.  At about one year old, Claudia latched on to this little white teddy bear.  Teddy soon became his name, and before long we could NOT go anywhere without him.  She couldn't sleep without him.  For the last 7 years, Teddy has been very much a daily part of Claudia's life.  I even did a scrapbook page about him.  She had taped one of those little fake American Express cards in his hands, so I took a photo and titled it "Never leave home without it". 


So when it came time to pick a teddy for the tap dance, Teddy was the forerunner.  I tried.  Really.  She has received several dozen teddy bears over the years (if not more).  And I really tried to get her to pick one of those bears.  Preferably one that isn't supposed to be white.  Because Teddy is no longer white, but grey.


But no.  It couldn't be just any teddy, it had to be THE Teddy.  The one with one ear ripped in two (it's because she has this habit of running her chin against this one particular ear, sigh).


So I saw a friend's post recently about a well-loved homemade bunny of hers and how she had received a day at the spa for a good cleaning.  Well, maybe, just maybe, this would work with Teddy.


Here is Teddy enjoying his spa day:




So that is how Teddy got a spa day in my sink.


And of course she had to take Teddy with her to her tap performance.


Teddy Bear Song



Grand Old Flag








1 comment:

Sally said...

Wow! You've posted a lot in December! Just wanted you to have a comment for a reward. Love you!